Monday, March 31, 2008

Gallery Openings – Saturday, March 29

Marty Walker Gallery was the first stop to check out the recent prints from Durham Press. My favorite was a grid by Roland Fischer called Facades on Paper III, 2007. Roland created these abstract compositions by photographing sections of building facades.


RolandFischerPrints_By_Sheila Cunningham

Facades on Paper III by Roland Fischer

RolandFischerPrint_By_Sheila Cunningham
Roland Fischer



On to Conduit Gallery, to see the recent works of Justin Quinn and Vincent Falsetta. I enjoyed both exhibits. My favorite was one of Justin’s that has the Es cutout, so I took a photo of him in front of it. I cannot even think of how long that had to take. On the other hand, all his work is VERY detailed.

JustinQuinn_By_SheilaCunningham

Justin Quinn


My next stop was Holly Johnson Gallery. Casey Williams was showing his latest abstract photography. Years (and years) ago, I took my first photography class from Casey at the Glassell School of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX. It was interesting to meet up with him so many years later.

CaseyWilliams_By_SheilaCunningham
Casey Williams


The last stop was Craighead Green Gallery, for a group show of gallery artist. They were also celebrating their third year on Dragon Street. I cannot believe they have already been there for three years. Great artwork and I had a chance to catch up with two of my favs, Heather Gorham and Diane Walker-Gladney.


HeatherGorham_By_SheilaCunningham
Heather Gorham

Diane Walker_Gladney_By_SheilaCunningham
Diane Walker-Gladney

No comments: